magneto n : a small dynamo with a secondary winding that produces a high voltage enabling a spark to jump between the poles of a spark plug in a gasoline engine [syn: magnetoelectric machine]
Magneto may mean:
- Magneto (comics), a comic book character in the Marvel Comics Universe
- Magneto (electrical), an electrical generator in internal combustion engines and some old telephones.
- Magneto (Amalgam Comics), a superhero in Amalgam Comics
- Magneto (band), a Mexican boy band
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 was codenamed Magneto.
- "Magneto" (song), a song by the British group Brigade
- Magneto (eCommerce), an open-source eCommerce solution
- Magneto (magazine), a student magazine at Massey University.
- "Magneto" is also the name of the fifth song on the first Yello album, Solid Pleasure.
magneto in German: Figuren aus dem Marvel-Universum#Magneto
magneto in French: Magnéto
magneto in Spanish: Magneto